Architect Consultancy & Services
Stephen Evans Architects is able to offer the full range of RIBA services for various project phases as summarised below:
Appraisal & Briefing
- Visit the property and carry out an initial appraisal.
- Assist the client in preparing the client’s requirements and discuss alternative solutions for the project.
- Advise on the need for services by consultants or specialists.
Outline & Detailed Proposals and Planning Applications
- Prepare a preliminary design and discuss with the client and develop detailed and final design.
- Submit applications for planning approval, listed building consents and certificates of lawfulness.
Building Regulations Information
- Co-ordinate and integrate designs provided by others.
- Prepare drawings for application for Building Regulations approval.
- Make an application for Building Regulations approval.
- Prepare drawings and other information in sufficient detail to enable a tender or tenders to be obtained.
- Prepare a specification / schedule of works.
- Advise on the appropriate form of building contract, its conditions and the responsibilities of the Client, the consultants and the builder.
- Prepare documents required for tendering purposes.
- Advise on and obtain the Client’s approval of a list of tenderers for the building contract.
- Invite appraise and report on tenders.
- Advise the Client on the appointment of a builder.
- Prepare the building contract and arrange for it to be signed.
- Visit the site to see that the work is proceeding generally in accordance with the contract and drawings.
- Certify payments for work carried out or completed. Advise on final cost.
- Make final inspections and advise on resolution of any defects.
- Agree final account and issue certificate.
In addition to the above services Stephen Evans Architects is also able to offer the following:
- Measured surveys.
- Applications for Landlord’s consent to alterations.
- Project Management.
- Party Wall Surveying.
- Space Planning.
- Council of Mortgage Lenders Certificates and associated inspections.